To mark the first anniversary of our No Cruel Cosmetics campaign we are launching a fantastic ‘Rabbits are Special’ competition to highlight their continued use in tests for cosmetics sold in the UK and EU.
Please upload a picture of your rabbit to our flickr page with a description about why he or she is so special for a chance to win a No Cruel Cosmetics goody bag containing specially selected beauty products from BUAV certified companies, a No Cruel Cosmetics bag and lots of other goodies. The runner up will receive a specially selected beauty product and a No Cruel Cosmetics bag.
Rabbits still suffer in tests carried out around the world for cosmetics that are sold in the UK and Europe. A ban due to come into effect in 2013 that would finally outlaw this cruel practice is under threat and could be delayed for up to ten years - meaning hundreds of thousands more animals, including rabbits, could be injected, gassed or force-fed worldwide for new beauty products sold in the EU.
Please sign the No Cruel Cosmetics petition on Facebook or online and help us stop the needless suffering of animals for cosmetics sold in Europe.
Terms and conditions:
* One entry to the Competition
* Entries must be received by 5pm Tuesday 31st January 2012.
* The competition cannot be open to employee/immediate family or friends of BUAV.
*All entrants must be UK residents.
* All entries must be received at the place specified during the period that the Competition is open for. Any late or incomplete entries will be disqualified.
* BUAV will announce the winners on Friday 3rd February 2012.
* The decision of the winner is final and BUAV will not enter into any correspondence.
* Prize winners will be contacted by BUAV.
* The prize must be taken as stated there can be no cash alternatives.
* By entering the Competition you grant BUAV and any third parties appointed by it for the purpose of organizing and managing the Competition permission to use your name and likeness for announcing the winner of the Competition and for related promotional purposes.
* You warrant that the Competition entry is your own original work that is not wholly or substantially copied from any other material.
* BUAV reserves the right to cancel this Competition at any stage for whatever reason it deems necessary
* By entering this competition, entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.